Styrofoam Liner for 5 Gallon Bucket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Festus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Styrofoam Liner for 5 Gallon Bucket

Does anyone know of a company that sells a styrofoam liner for a 5 gallon bucket? I checked all over the 'net and can't find one. I have 4 different size battery operated aerators, and a couple of aerators and pumps I can plug into the wall to save batteries. But when warm weather gets here, I'll need an insulated lbait bucket that holds at least 4 gallons to take care of bigger baitfish like shiners and chubs. I already have a 10 qt insulated minnow bucket and several of the 2 gallon pure styrofoam buckets, but they're not quite big enough for shiners.

Someone told me Grizzly Jig Company sold liners for 5 gallon buckets, I checked their catalog and they don't now.

J.C.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

May not be in the catalog. I'm sure they used to have them. Hit em on the net. Good luck!!

"TAKE A KID FISHIN"

The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it.
    The flag flies because each soldiers' last breath blows by it!

USMC 64-68

Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

i have used one of these for years. i catch bream and other bait at the pond and use it to transport home and until getting to lake.

MIKE
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Does anyone know of a company that sells a styrofoam liner for a 5 gallon bucket? I checked all over the 'net and can't find one. I have 4 different size battery operated aerators, and a couple of aerators and pumps I can plug into the wall to save batteries. But when warm weather gets here, I'll need an insulated lbait bucket that holds at least 4 gallons to take care of bigger baitfish like shiners and chubs. I already have a 10 qt insulated minnow bucket and several of the 2 gallon pure styrofoam buckets, but they're not quite big enough for shiners.

Someone told me Grizzly Jig Company sold liners for 5 gallon buckets, I checked their catalog and they don't now.
    I looked for awhile sometime back for the same thing, and I couldn't find what I wanted. I even considered making my own out of 1/4" styrofoam since it would conform to the bucket easy, but gave up on that idea. It wasn't thick enough for me to keep the heat out in the summer. I ended up buying one, I always thought they were overpriced for what they are made of. It will be interesting to see if someone else comes up with something.

Gary Felkner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

It's a long shot, but if you have a "Big Lots" store in your area, look around the cooler section for a cooler made out of a 6-7 gallon bucket (a little taller than 5 gallons, it takes the same lids). The ones I found say Coca Cola all over them, but you can take the liner out and use in another bucket if you want.

Bill Harvey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Festus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That would be a very good idea if I can find one used. But they're about $55 plus tax for new ones. For another 3 bucks, I can buy a brand new Cool Bubbles insulated 5 gallon bait livewell which includes an aerator that runs 85 hours on 2 D batteries with a lid.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugg View Post

Big Sam
    Post Thanks / Like

Festus those 5-gallon buckets that have the spinning seat lid have a strofoam insert for drinks or minnows...also that 5-gallon bucket drink cooler will have it inside keep lookin i will keep my eyes peeled for ya....

J.C.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I forgot about those. I've got 2 of them. Good tip!
    "TAKE A KID FISHIN"

The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it.
    The flag flies because each soldiers' last breath blows by it!

USMC 64-68

Ray...Bayrunner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bugg View Post
    Thats just what I was going to say that.....Ace Hardware....

I was thinking of the same, and decided on a narrow ice chest that I converted over with an aireator and bubbles as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast