The Best Squirrel Recipes You Have Tried

Drew Untied
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Best Squirrel Recipes You Have Tried

A few days ago, I cooked the best squirrel I've ever eaten. I got a recipe off the internet. I wanted to make it in the crock pot throughout the day to make it easy to cook. The recipe included soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, water, garlic, and salt and pepper. I had three squirrels, which I quartered and let cook on low for eight hours. I used flour to thicken the gravy and I decided to cook rice to put it on. I'm sure mashed potatoes would have been good also, but that's just what I had. I spread the squirrel and gravy over the rice and I'll have to tell you, that was the best, most tender squirrel I have ever eaten. What good squirrel recipes do you have that I might try next time?

Richard
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angler4life View Post
    A few days ago, I cooked the best squirrel I've ever eaten. I got a recipe off the internet. I wanted to make it in the crock pot throughout the day to make it easy to cook. The recipe included soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, water, garlic, and salt and pepper. I had three squirrels, which I quartered and let cook on low for eight hours. I used flour to thicken the gravy and I decided to cook rice to put it on. I'm sure mashed potatoes would have been good also, but that's just what I had. I spread the squirrel and gravy over the rice and I'll have to tell you, that was the best, most tender squirrel I have ever eaten. What good squirrel recipes do you have that I might try next time?

Sounds good,Drew. Why dont you put this in a recipe format and post in diner? I'm sure more would love to have it.

jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

fried in flour, buddy! can't beat it.

Preston Hobbs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by massa_jorge View Post
    fried in flour, buddy! can't beat it.
    ditto!!!

Troy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Default The Classic

Tree rat and dumplens. Squirrel par boiled till tender with red pepper and salt. Debone meat add back to stock and drop in dumplens. MMMM-MMM

John

Post Thanks / Like

Best I have ever had was the way my mom and grandmother use to make it for me. Boil Squirrel salt and pepper until it is falling off the bone. Leave the Squirrel the broth and thicken with a flour water mixture, and cook a while longer until it thickens. pour over cat head biscuits for breakfast. I love the stuff but neither my wife nor I can get it to taste quite as good as moms or my grandma's use to taste.
    Four of the guys I use to work and I with would go on a 3-4 day hunting camping trip in W.Va and we would always have Squirrel and gravy . Sometimes we have even added grouse and rabbit to the mix and cooked over a wood camp fire it was delisous.

Billie Sutton
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Tree rat and dumplens. Squirrel par boiled till tender with red pepper and salt. Debone meat add back to stock and drop in dumplens. MMMM-MMM
    That's the favorite in this house!

USCA ACCOUNTS
    Jim Mullin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Old one we had squirrel and dumplins Young ones we fried.
    I would like to have a good stew recipe.