where to get gizzard shad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Steven Stewart
    Post Thanks / Like

Default where to get gizzard shad

where do you guys that fish wateree catch some bigger bait like 6 inch plus gizzard shad? all i ever catch are 2-4 inch threadfin. i managed to catch a few large gizzard shad when catchin the threadfin sometimes but not very often. i like using them better than perch or bream personally but can never get ahold of them. thanks for any help

robert
    Post Thanks / Like

Default bait

hey i sell shad i buy from jimmy jones below clover or ned davis in chester do not know where they catch them but they r 4 plus inches bobs bait i live near lakenorman

Jason knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hey steven if you want to catch your own on lake watere and fishing creek look in the back of coves there are schools of 4-8 inch gizzard shad one cast and go fishn I froze about 30 doz today for the winter and also plenty of thread fins there to good luck:wink:

Steven Stewart
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i can usually find schools like that but there never seem to be any gizzards in there maybe a dozen under 3 inches for 10 dozen gizzard and its really rare for me to find the ones over six inches i cant figure out why

sam
    Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of 6-7 inch class gizzards in beaver creek this morning,around the pink flamingo.Also caught several very big shiners,probally up to 8 inches long.I usually catch one here and there but today I got a lot of em.

David
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Shad

If you get in the Monty/Murray area anglers south in Irmo sc now has live gizzard/thread fin shad and herring. Also first weekend of Dec they are going to start holding catfish tourney's.....:wink:

Jason knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

on wateree when looking for big bait look for bigger pops on the water that is your bigger shad an there want be any thread fins in the big schools of gizzards today I found my bait beside state park ramp in that cove in 2-4 ft of water also behind the park is a good place to look for bait

Steven Stewart
    Post Thanks / Like

that may be my problem i have just been using my depth finder to find the schools in 12-20 feet of water and i can find plenty but just cant tell how big they are i havent really got back in the coves looking for them to surface

Jason knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

next trip give it a shot hope that helps you out pm me before you go next trip I live in dutchman and work at the state park I fish about every day I will give you some pointers on where I have been catching my bait:wink:

Steven Stewart
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks that would be awesome man i appreciate it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast