Mississippi River Alton Boat Ramp

Jake
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Mississippi River Alton Boat Ramp

Just wondering of the location of a ramp just below the alton dam, in tail waters. Not sure where to put in. Any info would be appreciated.

chris
    Post Thanks / Like

me too the only one i can find is under the i67 bridge. above the dam.

Jake
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I posted another thread in the missouri rivers talk and they responded to me question much better. Come on Illinois fisherman. You are slackin.

Scott
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Branj796 View Post
    I posted another thread in the missouri rivers talk and they responded to me question much better. Come on Illinois fisherman. You are slackin.
    Go west across the 67 bridge and turn left at the first turn. This will be at the gas station that is on the south side of 67. Follow the road past the gas station and you will see the L& D at the end of the road. The maple island ramp is located at the end of the road. Not sure if it is usable or not. They cleaned out the launching pool but not sure if the water will be high enough when you get there. I know the last time that I launched there was a piece of rebar sticking up at the end of the ramp. Not sure if they ever cut it off or not but they where working on cleaning out the launch pool at that time.

Scott
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boyd79 View Post
    me too the only one i can find is under the i67 bridge. above the dam.
    Above the dam at the marina is not bad but go out thru the marina since there is a sand bar behind the ramp and you could get hung up. If you have a VHF radio you can talk to the Melvin Price locks on channel 14. They can usually get you locked thru in about 30 minutes or less.