Starcraft Boats are they any good?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dave (aka Cheese)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Starcraft Boats are they any good?

Anybody have any experience with Starcraft Boats. I found one at a local marina I kinda like, but not sure if they are quality boats.

I would really like to get a Tracker, because of the "no haggle" pricing and the welded hull, but the marina that sells them is way too far away. I don't want to have to drive a million miles for service.

Anyhow...back to Starcraft...are they worth the money?

John
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default apd1146

I have a 1965 18 1/2 Starcraft Alum boat with a 110 hp Merc Sterndrive on it. It is still running strong 31 years later. I have several other boats but unless I'm taking a crowd I do not take one of my pontoon boats. I take the Starcraft. Several members of a fishing club I belong to have them as well. And we all like them. I have not had a leak in mine in 31 years. A quality boat and one one leading brands in boats.
    Hope that helps. What size and motor and what price is he asking ?

Dave (aka Cheese)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by APD1146
    I have a 1965 18 1/2 Starcraft Alum boat with a 110 hp Merc Sterndrive on it. It is still running strong 31 years later. I have several other boats but unless I'm taking a crowd I do not take one of my pontoon boats. I take the Starcraft. Several members of a fishing club I belong to have them as well. And we all like them. I have not had a leak in mine in 31 years. A quality boat and one one leading brands in boats.
    Hope that helps. What size and motor and what price is he asking ?
    I didn't get into pricing...boat just came in and I did not have the patience to engage the salesman in pricing. It was a D star 16 foot tiller (deluxe) with a 25 horse Merc. four stroke. They also said they are getting some of the console models in. I have the option to upgrade to a 40 hp., which I might do depending on price. Gonna use the boat for general fishing, me, wife and two small kids.

Thanks for the help.

Dave (aka Cheese)

Post Thanks / Like

There's gotta be more people with info on this, good or bad. Anybody got any more help on this one?

tony spergin
    Post Thanks / Like

same as above I have a starcraft 18 ft deep V ab it is also over 40 yrs old, no leaks and still looks good I like mine

USCA ACCOUNTS
    Mutt
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

I liked the one I had had a tiller job years back never gave me any issues.
    Still no Muttley.

Probably first in line at the boat ramp waiting patiently for the lake to rise another 70'.

Quote by Cheapndisgusting

Dave (aka Cheese)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the additional help guys.

Steve Harvell
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Starcraft Boats

I ran a starcraft for many years in the santee swamps ,i had it beat up so bad the scrap yard didnt want it. but they took it anyway. It never gave any trouble at all. never a leak, and i used for14 years. (ps) broke a lot of props. I think there real good boats..............:thumbsup: ..................

george
    Post Thanks / Like

starcraft is a good boat its gonna cost more than the tracker models,tracker is a lower cost boat there still good but they are built for price not quility

but like i always say any boat is worth it if the price is right and YOU like it plus it beats floating around on a log no matter what brand of boat you get

Bob Butler
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

I have had a Star Craft boat since 1969, I still have it. I have never had any trouble with mine, no leaking hulls, no problems at all. I have had Skeeters, Nitros, and Bass trackers bass boats, all which had some kind of problem or another ( typical ). I have remodeled mine this last year, placed a floor, carpet, a deck and a larger motor. I highly recommend Star Craft, mine is only a 14 footer , but it handled the big waves better than my Bass boats, I would venture out in the rough water in this and not worry at all compared to my bass boats. This is my opinion, the decision is up to you as to what you seek in a boat.
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast