People who use alton lock & Dam boat ramp...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rob
    Post Thanks / Like

Default People who use alton lock & Dam boat ramp...

I put in by my house and took a ride down the Missouri and headed up to the lock & dam and it looks like they are redoing the boat ramp there.Lotta guys workin i was there a short while caught a few flats nothing major threw em back and headed home till later tonight.

David
    Post Thanks / Like

Default question

My cousin and I are headin down that way the weekend of sept 12 ; we have never ran the river before, are there more ramps down there ? Any tips for blues and flatheads ?

Rob
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    My cousin and I are headin down that way the weekend of sept 12 ; we have never ran the river before, are there more ramps down there ? Any tips for blues and flatheads ?

Your best bet is ... if you want you can run north of the lock&dam by the old dam... if you plan on going below it search Columbia bottoms conservation area.

I like putting in there due to all the rock dikes you can fish along with the current of this Missouri river there are some nice blues & flats ...

As far as bait ... for blues Skipjack and herring are the top dogs to me ...
    Flathead's would be bluegill,creek chub's and gold fish .

If you guys never ran the river please do me a huge favor its no game ... i would run the river only during the day and if you plan to night fish dont leave your area you can be in for some major trouble if you don't know the area ... The Missouri down here has ZERO barge traffic so that's a huge plus but the current seams to be 2x what the Mississippi is.The Rock dikes and wing dikes are very hard to spot and will get you fast if you dont know what your lookin for.There are tons of low spots with huge trees stickin out of the water.

Dont drink on the river
    Wear your life jacket when you move spots
    Have your cell phone fully charged and able to reach the coast guard fast.:wink:

But just be careful and have a good time and get some monsters

Maybe i can meet up with you guys and show ya some holes?

Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a softy..But this is why I love this website..I have never met another group of guys who will go out of thier way to help another human being in my life..I LOVE THIS SITE! :wink:

Rob
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ultramindbrk View Post
    Not to be a softy..But this is why I love this website..I have never met another group of guys who will go out of thier way to help another human being in my life..I LOVE THIS SITE! :wink:
    Its what this site is all about no doubt's about it.

jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Rollin, good info except for Zero barge traffic. I see a few travel down there every year.

Darryl
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Maple Island open right now? Heading for that stretch tomorrow. If not we'll launch at CB.

jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure Darryl I havent been down that way for a while. Ill see if I can find out for ya.

Darryl
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd kinda like to fish the Missouri a bit for a change also, so doesn't matter either way. Thanks for checking if you get a chance.

Scott
    Post Thanks / Like

Skippy
    We just came back from looking at the ramp. There was boats launching but there is still equipment setting around and it looks like they aren't thru yet. There is plenty of water in the pool but not sure if you can launch tomorrow as they may be working again...

I sure wish I wasn't working so Mrs Okie and I could meet you down there..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast