help me fix my sons zebco 808 magnum

Thanks Thanks:  0
Solid Answer Solid Answer:  0
    Greg

Default help me fix my sons zebco 808 magnum

my son zebco 808 had something loose inside the reel I took it apart found the piece and located it on blueprint I found on the web its the anti-reverse switch spring but I have no idea how to put it back.Your help is much apreciated

Will Green

Fastest way to do it.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Michael Craig
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman76 View Post
    my son zebco 808 had something loose inside the reel I took it apart found the piece and located it on blueprint I found on the web its the anti-reverse switch spring but I have no idea how to put it back.Your help is much apreciated
    Greg do you have a local reel repair shop in your area? It would only take a second and probably would not cost anything. Especially if you took the boy with you.
    IT ONLY TAKES ONE CAST--MY DAY WILL COME

Greg

I think I am going to contact zebco see if they will let me ship it to them pendinding on there charges

Jack Holsky

Buy another one and take it apart! Then you will have two to send in to ZEBCO lol No,you will have a back up reel for when the big one steals your son's unit because he wasn't watching after you told him a hundred times...:wink:

I have an 808 magnum, is there something I can look at or take a picture of for you that might help?

Default I'm sorry to pour cold water on you--

But Zebcos are not made to be repaired. I've got a Daiwa Silvercast 120A that I just love. And I can get it repaired or fix it myself if need be.

Dont listen to that rubish . A zebco can be repaired . I do not use them myself anymore but have used them in the past . I have an 808 out in the garage that has been in there awhile . I can take a few pictures if needed to try helping you out .