Ski Barge Information

kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ski Barge Information

FOUND A 16 FOOTER,QUESTION IS WILL A 50 HP YAMAHA PUSH IT GOOD OR DO I NEED A 60, I DONT KNOW WEIGHT OF BOAT

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS

Bill
    Post Thanks / Like

A 50 should plane it off and run it pretty fair. My bud, peglegreb has a 70 (tiller steer) on his 16 Ski Barge, and it runs well so a 50 should do it.There should be a plate on the transom of the boat telling what the max hp for that boat is. These wide, flat boats are not designed for speed. I have a 200 on my 20 foot Ski Barge, and it will only run 45 mph.

Bill in SC

kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default ski barge

thanks for info,i have not bought this boat yet its a 1966 16 ft kenner ski barge 65 inch floor and 77 inch beam. just had new floor put in hull on bottom is a little rough but not to bad. should be a killer catfish boat with all the room.maybe i should find a 60 or 70 and put on it.its just me and my son but i dont want to fight getting up on plane

Bill
    Post Thanks / Like

The Barges are the heat for comfort and room. I think you would be well pleased with it. If it's a little rough, but not too bad, that's PERFECT! :-) You don't want to take anything too nice on a catsmackin' venture!

Bill in SC

kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default ski barge

have a pic i would like to send to you and get your advise on, could you send me your email so i can forward the pictures and you can tell me if its a good one.. thanks

kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default long shaft or short shaft

not for sure what motor i need