When is the best time to go catfishing? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chances too good ta miss.......

The time ta go is anytime ya hear; Paw Paw, Dad, or Honey will you take me fishin'?

Lawrence Wise
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Josh, some of us are not as young as you. I have to agree with nosnag though. Also, I may say that any day your breathing is a good day to catfish.

Nick Ulbricht
    Post Thanks / Like

:confused: Right now !!!????

Rob
    Post Thanks / Like

The best time to fish is anytime really! LOL Personally I prefer to fish at night during the summer. Its cool and more comfortable and I think that the cats are much more active. Gotta love a warm summer night on the river catchin cats!!!! Theres not much better than that.

Bryan Sirotkin
    Post Thanks / Like

ANY TIME YOU CAN.... don't worry about those "fishing time calanders" or what ever, and ignore the moon, the cows, etc... when heading out there... GET OUT AND FISH... you can't catch fish if you aren't drowning bait, pure and simple... Thats why once the fish is in the boat or on shore i try and get the line back out before i mess with the fish cause that'll take 2 minutes at most and thats 2 minutes my line/bait isn't having a chance to deal with the fish...

Tod Davis
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to agree with everyone except Photocat. ;) He said ignore the cows !?!?!? If the cows are up the fish are bitin' ! Well, atleast the cows are who I blame if they are up and the fish don't bite.... LOL

Now maybe for me and not so much the fish, I like to fish the summer nites. Things are just different at nite. Fish are shallow, sun is not cookin' ya, stars are out, it's really cool to hear all the wild noises and wounder if they are comin' to get ya :confused: ..... Ya can't see real good so your sences have to kick in, no jet skies on the water, the drunks are passed out. I could go on and on.....

fraid_knot
    monster catfish

Any night is good. Tho I can be persuaded to go out in the daytime.
    Happy hour runs from bout 10:30PM-2:30AM Then ya got time for a 2 hour nap fore they start in again.
    Last night it was from bout 9pm-midnite. Then just cut off. No nuthin was happenin. Caught a lil channel, a flattie, and a drum. Drum was the biggest. :p

About signs... All signs fail in wet and dry weather. :rolleyes:

ALLEN SHAEFFER
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When to go

I fish for flats and blues during the day and channels at night.Just works best for me. I can't seem to get the flats and blues to bite after dark. May be just where I'm fishing.I fish below Keystone Dam for the flats and blues but fish for the channels in the lake.But it's like most everyone says, you can't catch fish sittin at home.

Jake

Post Thanks / Like

I think the best fishing is when it is raining and when it isnt. The fishing is also great when it is night and when it is day. Basically the best fishing is when ever. Long live fishing.

John Scarborough

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mountain Cur

OK, now you guys have gone and done it. I'm going to have to start another fishing experiment, fishing night and day for months just so I can figure out which time is best. Grandma said she would go along and keep records.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast