A rig for Sonnys cat fish bait

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kenton
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A rig for Sonnys cat fish bait

I am curious to see if anyone on here has come up with a good way to keep sonnys catfish bait on their plastic worm/bait.

I am trying to find something that that will actually hold the bait inside the lure. I know the way I am explaining this don't make much sense, so let me start over:ooooh:

We started out using the plastic ribbed worms. Yeah, they work great, but in the current the bait washes off so fast that it seems like you are constantly re-baiting. Does anyone know of something that actually holds the bait inside of a product that goes over the hook? We have tried to make stuff out of panty hose, and that holds the bait on great, but every time you catch a fish it takes 15 minutes to rig up a new one.

Anyone got some advice?

Thanks!

By the way, we are fishing the Des Moines River in Central Iowa, so it is not a big river but the current can be strong in spots.
    Thanks again!

matt

Post Thanks / Like

kenton look 4 the tube worms . they usually come with a sponge attached on the bottom but we remove the sponge. they got holes in them and u can work sonnys in . just goob it up good and set it in the water 4 2 or 3 minutes b4 u cast it out. these tubes hold it better than the rubber worms. b sure 2 let them soak 4 a little bit .it kinda sets up a little. we use them in the missippi and they do real good.:big_smile:

Kenton
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to find those tube worms without luck here locally (even the Sportsman warehouse don't have them) so I will start looking online!

Setting them in the water is an great idea that we have never though of!

Thank you very much for the info! I will give it a try this weekend if I can get the tube bait by then! :smile2:

Ivan
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the point of a dip bait was that it dissolved quicker than a dough ball. That way the fish can smell it quicker. That means you could catch more fish because you don't have to wait as long for the fish to smell the bait. The only draw back is frequent re-dipping. If you want a longer lasting scent, you'd have to add more bait...like in a little piece of stockings hooked to your hook or clipped to your swivel. Even then it might dissolve just as fast, you'd just have a *stronger* scent. Who knows...maybe I'll try it out.
    - = Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer. = -

james
    Post Thanks / Like

i find the looper rigs and the team catfish little furry things hold bait alot longer then the worms especially in a stronger current you might want to give one of those a try.

Pete Kildow
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

We have a dip bait worm that holds bait great. It had the deal on one side that loads up with bait and holds great even in current.
    pete
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/dipb...mallcolors.htm
    Wild Wolf Products Fishing Tackle
    Need Hooks?
    Home of the Kat Bobber
    http://Wildwolfproducts.com

Catfish Slayer
    Super Cracker
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

These work great and you can order them from team catfish

mark
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dip bait rig

go to walmart & get a noodle like kids float on in the pool. cut thin slices out of it. hook the edge on 1 point of the hook, then bend it under & hook it on the other 2 points. it makes a little pocket to hold the bait longer. a friend of mine told me this & it works pretty good.

Eddie
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw another thread on here where some one was making the tubes using the rubber pencil grips you can buy most anywhere, they are round tubes kids slide onto their pencils. Just use a hole puch and put a several holes in it.

Michael Craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Looper rigs is the way to go.

IT ONLY TAKES ONE CAST--MY DAY WILL COME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast