Gila canal flats?

Solid Answer Solid Answer:  0
    Mike aka thunde

Default Gila canal flats?

Ok, no one has written anything here so here goes nothing. Has anyone tried fishing the gila gravity canal for flatheads? I have caught some nice channels out of there but haven't really rigged up for flatheads there before. I like fishing canals so I try the gila or the All American sometimes too. Anyone have similar interests?

Mike Wiley :cool:
    Yuma, Az
    "Wanna catch a hundred pound catfish and teach it how to read"

Terry
    Blog Entries

Not sure about that area but the Colorado run through there too, right? When I travel through highway 8 to Cal I see some water that looks like it would hold the flats.

Mike aka thunde

Yes the Colorado runs right just west of town (Yuma). The Gila is taken off the river at Imperial dam & goes to Az and the All American is taken off and goes to Ca to supply drinking water for So Ca. I have taken some nice fish out of there but never any flats.

:cool:

Default Flatheads in Gila Gravity

I fish the Gila Gravity almost every day. I have gone for flaties a few times but I haven't caught any. I have caught a few nice size channels. I caught one around 10 lbs. If you are on the Gila Gravity and see two kids fishing there chances are its me. :thumbsup:

Matt McPherson

Cameron Oberlin

Default Flatheads in Gila Gravity

I fish with Matt McPherson at the Gila canal almost every day too. I have caught many catfish out of there, mostly channels though. I did catch a 13 pound Flathead on a small live bluegill. I have caught many Stripers there as well using livers or a crankbait.