Gila canal flats?

Mike aka thunde
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gila canal flats?

Ok, no one has written anything here so here goes nothing. Has anyone tried fishing the gila gravity canal for flatheads? I have caught some nice channels out of there but haven't really rigged up for flatheads there before. I like fishing canals so I try the gila or the All American sometimes too. Anyone have similar interests?

Mike Wiley :cool:
    Yuma, Az
    "Wanna catch a hundred pound catfish and teach it how to read"

Terry
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure about that area but the Colorado run through there too, right? When I travel through highway 8 to Cal I see some water that looks like it would hold the flats.

Mike aka thunde
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the Colorado runs right just west of town (Yuma). The Gila is taken off the river at Imperial dam & goes to Az and the All American is taken off and goes to Ca to supply drinking water for So Ca. I have taken some nice fish out of there but never any flats.

:cool:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flatheads in Gila Gravity

I fish the Gila Gravity almost every day. I have gone for flaties a few times but I haven't caught any. I have caught a few nice size channels. I caught one around 10 lbs. If you are on the Gila Gravity and see two kids fishing there chances are its me. :thumbsup:

Matt McPherson

Cameron Oberlin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flatheads in Gila Gravity

I fish with Matt McPherson at the Gila canal almost every day too. I have caught many catfish out of there, mostly channels though. I did catch a 13 pound Flathead on a small live bluegill. I have caught many Stripers there as well using livers or a crankbait.