What prop are you running on your Seaark?

Ryan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What prop are you running on your Seaark?

I banged up my prop on some rocks and have to replace it. I was was wonder what other people are running (make, Diamater and pitch) on 115hp mercury optimax. I have it on a 20' 15 deg hull. Also please post your max RPMs and speed and if you run heavy loaded or light. Thanks, Ryan.

Bill
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan,
    I'm running a 19" pitch Suzuki SS prop on my 07' SearArk 2072 Rivercat CX200. Suzuki DF150 4 stroke motor & I'm at 5400RPM's moderately loaded (3people, gear, 30gal fuel, 2 30lb anchors).

Mark Nabors
    Post Thanks / Like

im running a 14 1/4 by 20 pitch ss suzuki prop on my rivercat with a df140 suzuki.i turn 6250rpm, but the 140 is rated for that high rpms.do not try that on other motors.i get 48 mph loaded on gps. good luck brother
    Last edited by Cutbait101; 06-01-2009 at 08:26 PM.

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beckman View Post
    Ryan,
    I'm running a 19" pitch Suzuki SS prop on my 07' SearArk 2072 Rivercat CX200. Suzuki DF150 4 stroke motor & I'm at 5400RPM's moderately loaded (3people, gear, 30gal fuel, 2 30lb anchors).
    Sounds to me like you ought to drop down an inch or so in pitch. 5400 rpm is on the low side. You'd get better performance at 5700 to 6000 on that Suzuki 140. Prop the boat to turn 5700-6000 in your most typical configuration of people / gear / fuel...

Ryan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys that have been sent back. I am still looking for someone that is running a 115 merc to answer.:big_smile:

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan, what prop were you running before and what didn't it do that you wanted it to?

The odds of finding someone else running the exact same boat / motor / load combination that you have is pretty slim. So I'm not sure how much useful information you're going to get in that regard.

About the best you can do is aim for the middle or upper end of the manufacturer's recommended RPM range for your motor. If you want to spend a lot of money, there are of course all kinds of performance props available that might get you one or two mph extra. But if it were me, I'd simply buy a good-quality stainless prop that lets your motor turn the recommended RPMs.

A good boat dealer will work with you to find the prop that meets your needs and let you swap the prop you buy if it's not right. Plus they'll often have a good idea what the "best" prop for your boat/motor combination is.