Black River In Arkansas!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Eddie
    Eddie Mullins's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Black River In Arkansas!

    I'm in NE Arkansas, anbody ever fish the Black River? I hunt around it, but never fished on it. I have put in at Brookings before, theres a nice ramp there.


  2. #2
    jeff

    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    have fished it around black rock. its got some nice channels in it!! theres a decent ramp after you cross the bridge. you have to go right and then back to the west along the river. its real close to the bait shop. the river is real swift around that area! so be careful. we always tied up above trees laying in the water or log jams and used stink bait. if the water was right you could fill a cooler real quick. there are also some real big sand bars in the river that you can camp on and fish off of. most of them are up riverabout 2 miles. but its quiet and good fishin on them at night. dont forget skeeter spray!:big_smile:


  3. #3
    cliff
    buckethead's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Black River

    Hi Eddie


    Hey, we fish on the Black over here at Reyno, it is a very good catfish river, I like the Current River myself, but during the summer, the Current River gets so crowed with people we go to the Black, it gets pretty hard to run a boat on, gets really low around here, just about have to have a flat bottom, with a jet to get around,
    I know where Brookings is , in between Paragould and Jonesboro, it is about 30 miles from here,

    cliff

  4. #4
    Eddie
    Eddie Mullins's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by docs View Post
    have fished it around black rock. its got some nice channels in it!! theres a decent ramp after you cross the bridge. you have to go right and then back to the west along the river. its real close to the bait shop. the river is real swift around that area! so be careful. we always tied up above trees laying in the water or log jams and used stink bait. if the water was right you could fill a cooler real quick. there are also some real big sand bars in the river that you can camp on and fish off of. most of them are up riverabout 2 miles. but its quiet and good fishin on them at night. dont forget skeeter spray!:big_smile:
    KNow right where your talking about. Is that a public ramp or a fee ramp? I drove buy it last weekend heading to Rainey Brake to squirrel hunt (ya'll have probably noticed trend by now with the hunting references). Well aware of skeeter spray requirements around there, especially when chasing coon at night.

  5. #5
    Eddie
    Eddie Mullins's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Hi Eddie


    Hey, we fish on the Black over here at Reyno, it is a very good catfish river, I like the Current River myself, but during the summer, the Current River gets so crowed with people we go to the Black, it gets pretty hard to run a boat on, gets really low around here, just about have to have a flat bottom, with a jet to get around,
    I know where Brookings is , in between Paragould and Jonesboro, it is about 30 miles from here,

    cliff
    Brookings is a little over 20 miles form me, closest spot to a river for me I think - not sure where I would get in on the St. Francis. Never been to Reyno, or the Current, but willing to check it out.

  6. #6
    Marty
    mrowe84's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've had pretty good luck at the Dixie Lee access using stink bait.

  7. #7
    Randy

    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jonesboro Arkansas
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd like to know more about fishing on the Black River myself. I coon hunted it for years around Hubble and on the Reyno side. I competition hunted in 5-6 different states and there is no finer coon hunting than Dave Donaldson WMA at Hubble or Reyno. Just getting back into fishing though and not sure where to go on the Black. I know where Dixie Lee access is because I see it when we go to Shirey Bay. Any info on the Black would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  8. #8
    Eddie
    Eddie Mullins's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Randy - I'm putting a boat in at Brookings Friday night with a couple of dogs :big_smile: . You sound like me, I have hunted around there qute a bit, but just haven't done anyfishing til lately, now I'm trying to figure it out. I'll bet we probably know some of the same "hound" guys, I have to confess, I have mostly curs though, I do have 1 walker.

  9. #9
    Josh
    joshmorgan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Location
    columbia, MS
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Hi Eddie


    Hey, we fish on the Black over here at Reyno, it is a very good catfish river, I like the Current River myself, but during the summer, the Current River gets so crowed with people we go to the Black, it gets pretty hard to run a boat on, gets really low around here, just about have to have a flat bottom, with a jet to get around,
    I know where Brookings is , in between Paragould and Jonesboro, it is about 30 miles from here,

    cliff
    Your thinkin of brookland, between jonesboro and paragould. Brookings is out on the other side of delaplaine. That's a good launch. Wish I still lived up there. Some of the best people u'll ever meet livin round there.

  10. #10
    cliff
    buckethead's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    arkansas
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Brookings

    Quote Originally Posted by joshmorgan View Post
    Your thinkin of brookland, between jonesboro and paragould. Brookings is out on the other side of delaplaine. That's a good launch. Wish I still lived up there. Some of the best people u'll ever meet livin round there.

    You know, I do believe you are right (((LMBO))) you have to turn off the Hyway to get to Brookland , that is where I carry my chain saw ((LOL)) there is a Stihl chain saw shop there ((LOL)))
    Brookings is on the way to Lake Ashbaugh and Corning !!! :cool2:
    you have to make a left turn off the main hyway,

    sorry about that (((LMBO)))


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •