• eel

7 1.11%
  • crayfish

14 2.23%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    robert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shrimp???

I have fished catfish all my life and never heard of using shrimp as bait! What kind of shrimp makes the best bait? Is it the grey colored shrimp you see in the seafood department at the grocery store? Do you use the whole shrimp shell and all, or de-shell it and cut it in small chunks? What about rigging? Was very interested to see that this is such a popular bait!

The top three in order that I have had the most luck with in order are earthworms, chicken livers (with or without garlic salt), and BJ dough stink bait.

Don
    Post Thanks / Like

I use uncooked shrimp (grey ones) pop the head shell off and run the hook through the middle from head to tail area, then expose the point of the hook through the shell, drift or still fished this bait will hammer channels everywhere I have ever fished, I think it mimicks and smells like softshell crawdads to them, always a favorite of channel cats. and easier to come by in some areas than crawfish. it is a summer/fall bait in my area, and very popular cause cats from fiddlers to the big boys will hammer them with gleefull abandon. Some guys dress them up with garlic salt and/or other additives, I have always just let the shellfish smell do the job, try it different ways yourself.

josh
    Post Thanks / Like

i like to crawlers ang cut bait but when in doubt hotdogs have never let me down

Elgin,Darrell
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Depends

If your going for large cats live or cut bait( perch,shad etc.) if your going for large numbers of eater size Dip Bait (Team Catfish secret seven, sonnie's etc.
    Loop

Shane
    Post Thanks / Like

i get the sonnys blood dip bait and sprinke a little garlic salt in it and hold on if there biting they will take it

robert

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shrimp???

Quote Originally Posted by playin4funami View Post
    I use uncooked shrimp (grey ones) pop the head shell off and run the hook through the middle from head to tail area, then expose the point of the hook through the shell, drift or still fished this bait will hammer channels everywhere I have ever fished, I think it mimicks and smells like softshell crawdads to them, always a favorite of channel cats. and easier to come by in some areas than crawfish. it is a summer/fall bait in my area, and very popular cause cats from fiddlers to the big boys will hammer them with gleefull abandon. Some guys dress them up with garlic salt and/or other additives, I have always just let the shellfish smell do the job, try it different ways yourself.
    How would you rig this? Suspended or off the bottom? What kind of hook do you guys use with shrimp?

James
    Post Thanks / Like

Most time I use cut bait (Bluegill) but I also use shrimp a lot and dip bait.

RYAN
    Post Thanks / Like

Livers for Quanity...cut gill for Quality !!!

Dallas
    Post Thanks / Like

skipjack followed by night crawlers and grasshoppers

Elgin,Darrell
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Depends

Cut bait and large chubs for larger dip bait for filling the freezer with eater size.
    Loop