ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE POUND BLUE CATFISH CAUGHT IN THE ICE BOWL TODAY - Blogs - United States Catfish Association

tablerite

ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE POUND BLUE CATFISH CAUGHT IN THE ICE BOWL TODAY

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Asartin View Post
Quote Originally Posted by tablerite View Post
Think about this that is #2 that big. That lake is something of legend...how much longer we got to wait until a 150lber is pulled up. Anybody got the results from the tournamet? And did they put it back in the Lake?
I kept the fish in my big tank I made off the world record fish's length for my buddy Dale Lowe. He had a 100 gallon horse trough he made into a livewell on his boat and the fish wouldn't fit, so he gave me a call. We were already moving so we swung by and moved the monster in my tank at around 1250. Weigh in was at 315, but we didn't get to put the fish on the scales till just before 4. (We weighed the fish on my 350 lb big game digital scales using a giant net when we transfered the fish from his tank to mine at 143.8 lbs)

After the tournament weigh-in was complete we transported the fish about 10 miles to Bobcats Bait and Tackle in Clarksville, VA. They have Certified Scales and all the tackle and live bait you could ever want! Hint hint

With tons of support from bystanders we moved fish from my tank to the scales, 141 and change. Pictures taken and back in the tank to be returned to where it came!!! Once at the ramp we got the monster back out and on the wet ramp for a few more pics and length girth measurements. I got to be the lucky one to release the beast since I had on the highest boots, fish was ready to go as soon as it was back in the water.

61" long x 47" girth

Released VERY Alive and healthy. Fish cut a huge wake going out of the No Wake Zone on its way back to the depths of Buggs Island!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments